What crappy search engine led you here?

I'm about as sure of your reasons for visiting this blog as my reasons for keeping it. So sit.

Monday, October 08, 2007

Ohferchrissake! Race report #4

I'm trying to be positive, but there's little to be happy about. Yesterday was the start of the Pilarcitos series in Brisbane. I was battling a cold all week but felt fine Sunday morning. I figured I'd drive there, check the course, ride a few laps and if I was feeling it, race. Well, my head said go home, but my teammates reminded me of the points competition. The course itself, while not to my strengths, was a fun technical course. I prefer courses with long run ups and sand. This course was more of a bumpy powercourse. I had the best start in a long time, which was crucial given the 50 yards of asphalt followed by a sharp left hand bottle neck which transitioned to a right hand 180 up a short burm. On any lap but the 1st, it was ridable ,but even 10 back there was mayhem and as I was forced to dismount. He-who-shall-remain-nameless tried to RIDE UNDERNEATH, catching my rear wheel as I shouldered and almost throwing the bike outta my hands. DOnt' knwo how I recovered but I did. Then, just like last week, after a single lap....snap. That's all she wrote. SONFOABITCH. Nothing but suffering followed for 40 minutes. I'm so frustrated because I have no explanation. What the HELL is going on. I'm not racing, just suffering. I'm getting pretty tired of this sh!T. On the bright side, I think the team did well as a whole, but I had to split before results were posted. Loaned a wheel to Mel and she rode it to 5th in Womens Bs, so at least a part of me (my bike and I are one, dont' ya know) dah a good race.
I'm off now to drown my sorrows in coffee. Pics of my pain to follow shortly. The arrival of 11 should ease my pain some.

No comments: