What crappy search engine led you here?

I'm about as sure of your reasons for visiting this blog as my reasons for keeping it. So sit.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ding! Fries are done.


I made a connection this morning that I must say, I'm embarrassed to have missed for so long. Once upon a youth, I was a trumpet player and Jack Sheldon was an big inspiration. He had a breezy, airy tone not unlike my own. It's not a tone for classical music, I would be reminded frequently, but I loved the notes that horn sang. He was Vince w/ brass. The album on the left was one of the first records I purchased w/ my own grass cutting money. On my way into work this morning, A Sheldon tune came on. Dont' you love that? Now this was odd? It had a vocaltrack. A vocal? None of the Jack Sheldon I ever purchased had vocal tracks. And I swore it was the same vocalist from "I am a bill/Conjunction Junction". What the F....? I couldn't get to a computer fast enough. Shock! It's all Jack all the time playing and singing! The Wikipedia page was even more amazing. Merv Griffins side kick, acting credits all over the place, playing cuts on Foreign Affairs. How'd I miss THAT ferchrissake. Sooo many connections. I can't wait to see the documentary. Which remindns me...no wonder I was such a fan of Pops (if you jump anywhere from this post, jump there) ....

No comments: