What crappy search engine led you here?

I'm about as sure of your reasons for visiting this blog as my reasons for keeping it. So sit.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Maggie


My daughter saw Maggie sitting on my workbench. "What's that!" she cried. I had come across my old mojo while searching in attic boxes for something else. I proceeded to tell her that way back when, silly trinkets were to mountain bikes as spokecards are to fixies today-tres Hipster. Blank stares. My daughter has never seen the Simpsons. I am both proud and ashamed of that fact. We don't watch TV=proud. I'm a huge Simpsons fan, yet cannot share that w/ my 5 year old= ashamed. She also isn't too sure about the whole alleycat/fixie craze, but I digress. I took a different tack. "She used to bring me luck" I said. "Well why not try her now?" I had no antithesis to her thesis so on the bike she went. Truth is, I'm glad she's back.

1 comment:

The Robot Engineer said...

I'd bet that I can find an old photo showing Maggie on the Specialized Epic!