What crappy search engine led you here?

I'm about as sure of your reasons for visiting this blog as my reasons for keeping it. So sit.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Running is Stupid.

Actually I'm stupid, running is just the grist for the mill, whatever the hell that means. Here's the proof. This year I decided to add more running to my cyclocross training. To keep my self motivated, I decided to train for a fast 10k come June. My running "coach", El Super Burrito, a co-worker and ironman tri-guy extraordinaire, helped get my program in line. The plan was simple. Add a few days of running to my cycling program until race time, then tapper off the running a bit and increase the saddle time. Well, when we sat down to find the 10k that worked for both our work/family schedules, the only thing that meshed was the Dick Houston Memorial Woodminster Race. Hmmm let us think a bit...I've been training mostly on the flats, looking to hold a 6:50-7:00 pace. Now let's look at the course profile. Yep, that race suites me perfect! How do you go from training for a fast 10k to racing a 8.82 trail course w/1700+ ft up climbing? Being stupid, That's how.

No comments: